Health Insurance puts its skills at the service of many projects to protect the health of more than 60 million insured people.
For more than 70 years, Health Insurance has played a major role in promoting national solidarity. The key to the sustainability of the health system is a collective responsibility and lies in the strong involvement of each of its stakeholders.
Within this system, Health Insurance has a triple mission:
- guarantee universal access to rights and allow access to health care,
- to support everyone in the preservation of their health,
- improve the efficiency of the system.
All its missions, Health Insurance carries them out with the aim of ensuring the best quality of service. To achieve this, it relies on a local network covering the entire country and the commitment of 85,000 employees who work day after day at the departmental, regional and national levels.
The Caisse Primaire d’Assurance Maladie (CPAM) is a body attached to the Social Security system, but which is governed by private law and has a public service mission. In addition, a CPAM is positioned as an intermediary between the insured and the Health Insurance. In other words, a CPAM ensures close relations with Health Insurance policyholders. Also, any insured wishing to consult his reimbursement statements, download administrative documents, choose his attending doctor can go to the CPAM website (ameli.fr).
The CPAMs are responsible for:
- Affiliate social security contributors to Health Insurance
- Manage their right to this health insurance
- Process the care sheets of social security contributors but also the remote transmission of reimbursement statements to mutual insurance companies and supplementary health insurance companies.
- Provide services including: reimbursement of medical expenses according to the percentage of reimbursements granted, payment of daily allowances, advance payment of medical expenses for those benefiting from Extended Health Care (Complémentaire Santé Solidaire).
- Implement an action plan each year in terms of risk management with health professionals.
- Improve prevention and health promotion policies (cancer screening, etc.) in order to reduce health expenditure and thus safeguard the health insurance budget.
Offer individual aid to insured persons and collective aid to associations as part of a health and social policy.
CPAM staff ensure a duty period during the opening period of the GATE. They receive you by appointment. If you would like to find out where you can make an appointment, you can consult their days and hours of operation on the schedule. Appointments are held at the GATE offices
How do I register as an international student?
I have a talent/researcher passport, how can I register for social security?
My useful documentsMemory aid for foreign students My steps Health Insurance Flyers for foreign students FR Flyers for foreign students EN How to create a health account on Améli I need a complementary health insurance
Prise de rendez en ligne
Votre rendez-vous est bien enregistré pour le
Thank you scheduling appointment with us.
Schedules and appointments
GATE is also about cultural discovery events, scientific meetings or thematic workshops that we organize for you throughout the Paris-Saclay region. So take your agendas!View all