I’m a foreigner, can I register as a job seeker at pôle emploi?
What you need to register:
To register with Pôle Emploi as a job seeker, you must present documents proving your identity. In addition, in order to receive unemployment benefit if you are entitled to it, you must provide us with special documents. To save time when you register, remember to prepare them!
For foreign nationals:
- residence card
- skills and talents residence card
- temporary residence card (mention: “private and family life”, “artistic and cultural profession”, “employee”, “employee on mission(2) “, “scientist-researcher”, or “temporary worker (3) “),
- Algerian residence certificate (mention: “private and family life”, “employee”, “artistic and cultural profession”, “temporary worker(3) ” or “scientist-researcher”), temporary work permit(3),
- receipt of first application or application for renewal of a permit allowing entry on the list of job-seekers (mention “authorises the holder to work”)”European Union” residence card, (mention “all professional activities”, “family member – all professional activities”)
- visa mentioning “private and family life”, “employee”, “scientist-researcher”, or “temporary worker” accompanied by the employment contract or application for a work permit referred to(3).
Must provide :
- The completed “allowance application” form
- an employer’s certificate
- a RIB
- your health insurance card (Carte Vitale).
THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS GENERAL. SPECIAL SITUATIONS MAY RESULT IN DIFFERENT PROVISIONS.
1According to the Order of May 29th 2013 on documents enabling jobseekers to prove their identity.
2If you are an “employee on assignment” cardholder, your registration is only possible if you have been linked to a French employer by an employment contract of at least three months and if the introduction took place between companies of the same group or between establishments of the same company.
3If your employment contract has been terminated before its term by the employer for a reason for which he is responsible or for force majeure.